Hiring new employees for the first time or trying to go it alone without a dedicated HR department? Getting it right the first time helps ensure your new hires stay in it to win it, and ASAP Payroll is here to help.
New Hire Paperwork for Ohio Businesses
Ohio new hire paperwork can be a tedious step for new employees as they enter your organization, but it’s important to ensure they are paid correctly and on time and they receive the benefits they expected when they accepted an offer with your organization. Keeping that in mind, here are some of the most important forms to include in your new hire packet:
- Form I-9 – All employees must complete form I-9 to ensure they’re eligible to work in the United States. Employers have a section to complete, too, according to pretty stringent guidelines.
- Form W-4 – This form provides employees with the opportunity to make decisions about tax withholding and allowances and informs how you set up withholdings for that employee.
- Form IT-4-OH – Ohio employees also need to complete form IT-4-OH, Employee’s Withholding Exemption Certification, to communicate their preferences for state tax calculations.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit Form – Having employees fill out the Work Opportunity Tax Credit form can help you leverage tax benefits for employing people who fall into certain demographic categories.
- Direct Deposit Form – A direct deposit form collects bank information and authorization to pay through direct deposit.
- Employee Information Form – A general employee information form can help you collect the basic demographic information you need, like address, phone number, and emergency contacts.
Ensuring an Engaging New Hire Experience
New hire forms can make for anti-climactic entry into an organization, so consider having employees complete their new hire paperwork in advance or online. Focus on spending your initial time together working on the most important things, like welcoming your new employee into the organization, introducing them to their colleagues, and ensuring they have the tools and resources they need to be successful.
Looking to Outsource Onboarding?
Getting all of your I’s dotted and T’s crossed can be challenging for small businesses and organizations without a dedicated HR department. Additionally, HR professionals are best utilized when they’re focused on strategy and engagement rather than paperwork and basic compliance.
To explore outsourcing Ohio payroll and paperwork, request a quote from ASAP Payroll today. Our qualified time is here to help!